October 28, 2005

Sticky seats, spare tickets and sexy writers

Currently listening to: The Killers - Andy you're a star


I'm totally obsessed by Firefly. It is seriously the best thing to ever grace my tv screen (well technically my computer monitor, but still). I love love love love love it. I think right now, I'd rather have another season of Firefly than a relationship with the outside world.

People go see the movie version of the series, Serenity, so it makes lots and lots of money and those greedy executive bastards decide to bring the series back.

Also, it'll be the best thing you'll see all year.
...

Now to in some way contradict my earlier point, I should stop going to the cinema so much. Tickets don't come cheap but I can't seem to stop going to the The Filmworks Greenwich (my dealer of choice). Sure dvd rental's a lot lot cheaper, but there's something about those sticky seats and overpriced fizzy drinks that really gets me going. I like my screens big and the rooms sold out.

...

I've got tickets to a signing with Neil Gaiman on the 8th of November. The sinfully sexy writer I've been meaning to abduct for many years. Everytime I get close, one of my contacts messes up, (Butcher Bill, I'm serious, that axe is for intimidation purposes only). However one day, one day I'll kidnap him and spend the next 10 years brainwashing him into thinking he loves me.

He's so gorgeous and his writing aint bad either (actually, it's brilliant, but the sentence seems to flow better that way). When I met him last year, he asked me what my name was and I replied Xu. He then said that he hadn't met anyone whose name started with an X that day, which I'm sure meant that he's passionately in lust with me.

I wonder if I'll be the only X again. I wonder if he'll finally admit his feelings for me this time. I'll keep you updated.

Also got tickets for a screening of the film MirrorMask, a film directed by Dave McKean (master illustrator, of among other things Sandman covers) and written by Mr. Gaiman. It's showing at the London Film Festival and my dearest dearest friend Michael was kind enough to get me tickets. :)

Can't seem to persuade him to come with me to another signing though. He only came last time because Jonathan Ross was hosting the event. I guess Lenny Henry doesn't excite him as much. :(

...

I've got a spare ticket for Athlete, but I can't find anyone who's even heard of them to come with me.

2 Comments:

At Friday, October 28, 2005 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Flower.of.Chaos said...

I've been meaning to see Serenity for the longest time. Just really bogged down with coursework and probably will be for the rest of the academic year. Is it still in cinemas? hmmm.

If you keep the updates up...I'll catch all the movies from blockbuster at the end of the year. ;)

 
At Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Xu Said said...

Yes, it is still in the cinemas. You HAVE to watch it. I'll send you a pretty little cereal box toy if you go see it. You can't say fairer than that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home